Delayed or damaged baggage
We regret that your baggage has been delayed and are doing all we can to trace it.
- Please inform the baggage service representative for WOW air at the airport of your arrival about your delayed baggage. When you have filled out a report, please keep the copy of the report and the bag tag number safe. Our ground staff will notify you as soon as your baggage has been located.
- If/when you have made a report about your delayed bag(s), you can check the status of the baggage tracing using your reference number here.
- For the first 5 days, our ground staff will manage the baggage tracing. If for some reason the baggage has not been located within the first 5 days, please contact the WOW air baggage department here https://luggage.wowair.net
Please advise us if there is any likelihood that the bag(s) is labelled with any name other that the name of the passenger reporting the loss.
We also kindly ask you when submitting the contents list to include the colour and brand of all items, where possible. Please indicate whether clothes are for a man, woman or child. This additional information will help us to trace your baggage.
1 pair black Levi's jeans (women's), size 32 - £25
1 red Dior beauty bag containing cosmetics - £45
2 Valerie shirts (women's) one black, one blue and white - £15 (total) and so on.
Please enter the total value of all items in your baggage.
We are really sorry for the damage to your luggage. Please send us a copy of the damage report made at the airport, followed by digital pictures of the damaged bag(s) and a copy of your ticket here: https://luggage.wowair.net
Value of the damaged bag may have to be supported with confirmation on value of bag - original receipt (invoice). We trust you understand that baggage is designed to protect its contents. In the course of normal handling your baggage may show evidence of wear and tear. Airlines assume no liability for damage to heavy bags, minor cuts, scratches and dents or for items that protrude from baggage such as retractable handles, wheels, straps and baggage carts. All oversize baggage will have to be properly packed before check-in for any WOW air flights. In all cases you will need to quote your ticket number and the tag numbers for your checked baggage. If the value of the damaged bag is more that USD 100, your claim must include verification of the value of the bag. If you filled in a report at the airport, we kindly ask you to send us a copy of the report.
Information can be sent to: https://luggage.wowair.net. Please be prepared to quote the ID number you will be given after you submitted your claim.
Prams, buggies, children's car seats, ski equipment, golf equipment, wheelchairs, bicycles, angling equipment, diving equipment, water ski equipment, surfboard/kite boards, windsurfing boards, weapons and ammunition, musical instruments, fragile artworks etc. are not considered normal luggage. WOW air recommends that these articles are packed in such a way that damage will not occur during transport. WOW air will cover expenses for damages only if the transported goods have been properly packaged. We strongly recommend our passengers to take out travel insurance for any of the above-mentioned items. Passengers are responsible for ensuring that their luggage is properly packed. Each passenger is solely responsible for packing their luggage in such a way that the contents cannot be damaged. All checked baggage must be clearly marked with name, email, phone number and address.
Notice of baggage liability limitations:
You must not include in checked baggage:
- Precious metals
- Personal electronic devices
- Negotiable papers
- Securities or other valuables
- Business documents
- Passports and other identification documents or samples
- Wet clothing or other wet items that may coerce damage to other contents in your luggage.
Liability for loss, delay or damaged baggage is limited unless a higher value is declared in advance and additional charges are paid. Excess valuation may not be declared on certain types of articles.
WOW air assumes no liability for fragile, valuables or perishable articles:
- Negotiable bonds
- Business papers etc.
- Antiques, or similar valuable items
- Any item of a fragile or brittle nature (e.g. glassware, optical)
- Electrical or electronic components (e.g. computers, audio or photo equipment)
- Food or any other perishable items.
- Any item that has insufficient packaging (e.g. surfboard, windsurfer, skis, bicycle, pram or trolley).
- Any vessel or bottle containing a fluid that is packed within a item of baggage and due to leakage or breakage subsequently causing damage to other items.
- Any item that is strapped to the outside of a bag and subsequently is lost or damaged. Any item that is taken inside the cabin by the passenger.
- Any consequential loss arising out of a loss, mishandling or damage to the passenger's baggage.
- Acceptance of baggage by the owner without complaint at the time of delivery is sufficient evidence that the baggage has been delivered in good condition and in accordance with the Contract of Carriage, unless the passenger proves otherwise. Information can be sent to: https://luggage.wowair.net
- If the guest wishes to file a claim or an action regarding damage to checked baggage, he/she must notify carrier as soon as he/she discovers the damage, and at the latest within seven (7) days of receipt of the baggage, if report was not made at airport on arrival, claims needs to be submitted in writing here: https://luggage.wowair.net
Onward flights and interline baggage:
Please note that WOW air flights do not involve any interline co-operation with other airlines. This means that you will have to treat flights with other airlines as if they are the first flight in your journey.
When you fly with WOW air and go on with —or arrive from— other airlines, you will always have to collect your baggage, go through the passport control and customs and then check in again from WOW air point of departure. We do not accept any liability for any kind of cost or issues arising from bags being interlined on our flights. It is in your interest to observe the check-in times and other requirements of all airlines concerned. WOW air takes no responsibility whatsoever for your flights other than those with WOW air, and we do not undertake that your flight with us will arrive in time for you to connect with an onward flight provided by another airline.